Who is Jason Genao?
A native of New York City and Los Angeles, Jason Genao is best known for his role as Ruby Martinez in Netflix’s On My Block. Aside from that, he is best known for his role as Napoleon in the Netflix original series ‘The Get Down,’ which launched in 2016 and is still in production. When he was young, he developed an intense ambition to pursue a career in acting, and this desire finally led him to the Hollywood film industry. As a result, Genao has risen to become one of the most sought-after young performers in the entertainment industry today as a result of his achievements.
The actor was born in New Jersey to a Dominican-American family and obtained his high school graduation from William L. Dickinson High School, where he also played football. To achieve success in the entertainment industry, he relocated to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of becoming an actor, which he achieved. Following the 1947 French classic ‘La Vie en Rose,’ Genao was motivated to pursue acting as a career. He has set himself the objective of winning an Academy Award as his ultimate life ambition. Genao is a multi-talented and intellectual individual who is currently involved in several upcoming initiatives.
Early Life Of Jason Genao:
Jason Genao was born on July 3, 1996, in the city of Newark, in the state of New Jersey, United States. He was born in the Dominican Republic. He has two brothers, David and Danny, whom he adores. His first attended a high school in New Jersey before transferring to William L. Dickinson High School, where he eventually graduated. Information on his postgraduate studies is not readily available on the internet.
He was involved in several plays during his school years, which instilled in him a strong desire to pursue a career in acting. If he hadn’t become an actor, he would have worked as a chef or as a medical examiner, among other things. Genao is a fan of the Black Panther film franchise.
According to reports, the actor is currently single. He dedicated to his acting career and is currently concentrating on his next endeavors in the industry. Genao is a socially concerned individual who supports the NOH8 Campaign, which fights against prejudice and bullying while advocating for equality.
Jason Gano Parents:
Maria Chiki Genao was the glue that held her family together, and she was the one who made sure everyone got along. Even though her husband’s identity not revealed, she enjoyed a happy life with her partner and their three children. She has three kids, Jason, David, and Danny Genao, whom she raised alone. She resided in New Jersey with her husband and children, and she worked as a teacher.
The career of Jason Ganeo
Jason Genao made his television debut in 2016 when he appeared as William Reeves in an episode of the series ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ‘ It was his first television performance since then. Additionally, in the same year, he cast as Napoleon in the Netflix Original series ‘The Get Down.’ ‘Logan,’ a critically praised superhero drama film, released the following year, and he starred as Rictor.
In 2018, Genao cast as Ruby Martinez in the Netflix series ‘On My Block,’ which premiered in 2018. This series is extremely popular, and according to business insiders, it voted No. 1 among 65 Netflix Original programs in the year 2018.
An early incident with Jason Ganeo:
A few years ago, Jason was involved in a minor car accident. His companions and he were traveling together in their automobile, according to an interview with Hollywire. They were planning on participating in football. Genao and his friends, on the other hand, failed to remember to fasten their automobile seatbelts.
Jason Gano’s net worth:
In addition to being an actor, Jason has an estimated net worth of $400 thousand. Most people are familiar with him as the star of the television series On My Block. He was born in July 1996 in the New Jersey city of Jersey City.
Jason Ganeo’s health issue:
Genao, whose mother passed away in 2021, has suffered from a medical condition known as Eye Bags since he was a child. He is now a teenager. He has a small amount of edema and heaviness under his eyes. In part as a result of the loss of support provided by his eyelid muscles, the delicate tissues surrounding his eyes began to degenerate.
Is Jason Genao Hispanic?
Jason is a Dominican who is proud of his heritage. His father is from the Dominican Republic, and his mother is from the United States. Jersey City, New Jersey, is where he was born and raised.
8 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT JASON GENAO
Any fan of Netflix’s On My Block is also a fan of Ruby Martinez. Who played by Jason and known for her personality. The 22-year-old has also appeared in X-Men: First Class and another Netflix original, The Get Down, in addition to his role in OMB. What, on the other hand, would Jason be doing if he wasn’t acting?
Continue reading to find out the answer to that question, as well as a slew of other interesting facts about Jason.
- If on the other hand, Hollywood were to say “see you later,” Jason Genao would most likely start a restaurant. As a backup plan for his post-acting career. Jason has a strong passion for food and was on the verge of becoming a chef!
- Following his initial audition failure. He just Googled “how to audition” to learn more about the process. and, three auditions later, won a position on the hit television show The Get Down.
- Jason made an appearance in one of the longest-running shows on network television, Law & Order: SVU, in 2016, along with several other of our favorite actors.
- He claims that growing up and viewing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre had a significant impact on him.
- When Jason was nine years old, he realized that he wanted to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. He recalls repeating phrases from a movie, and ever since then. He has felt that he can’t watch a movie without uttering the lines he remembers saying.
- According to Jason, he has a strong connection to the community. Where On My Block plays place, and he resonates with some of the events that the characters go through.
- His brother and father, who worked extremely hard to fund Jason’s acting school goals. Frequently thanked in his public appearances.
- In 2019, Jason will serve as the face of the Ride & Seek campaign, which is being run in partnership with DoSomething.org and Chevrolet and will engage thousands of young people to keep their friends and family safe on the road.